summer soresnoun plural but singular or plural in construction
Medical Definition of summer sores
: a skin disease of the horse caused by larval roundworms of the genus Habronema deposited by flies in skin wounds or abrasions where they cause intense inflammation with exudate and local necrosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?