Medical Definition of subtalar
: situated or occurring beneath the talus specifically : of, relating to, or being the articulation formed between the posterior facet of the inferior surface of the talus and the posterior facet of the superior surface of the calcaneus the subtalar joint subtalar arthrodesis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?