Medical Definition of statokinetic
: of, relating to, or constituting a kinetic postural reflex that is initiated by stimulation of the semicircular canals through movements of the head and involves compensatory movements of the limbs and eyes the effect of statokinetic stimuli on pilots during training flights — compare statotonic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game