simian virus 40noun
Medical Definition of simian virus 40
— called also SV40
Note: Simian virus 40 was first discovered in the early 1960s in cultures of kidney cells which were derived from rhesus monkeys and used to prepare polio vaccines. Antibodies to simian virus 40 have been detected in humans, and DNA of simian virus 40 has been isolated from human tumors.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game