Medical Definition of schistosoma
1 capitalized : a genus that is the type genus of the family Schistosomatidae and that includes elongated digenetic trematode worms parasitizing the blood vessels of birds and mammals and several forms (as S. haematobium, S. japonicum, and S. mansoni) causing human schistosomiasis
2 : any digenetic trematode worm of the genus Schistosoma : schistosome
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game