Medical Definition of rickettsialpox
: a disease characterized by fever, chills, headache, backache, and a spotty rash and caused by a bacterium of the genus Rickettsia (R. akari) transmitted to humans by the bite of a mite of the genus Allodermanyssus (A. sanguineus) living on rodents (as the house mouse)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game