Medical Definition of Rickettsiales
: an order of small pleomorphic gram-negative bacteria that are obligate parasites living in vertebrates or in arthropods which often serve as vectors of those parasitic in vertebrates and are placed in the families Anaplasmataceae, Bartonellaceae, and Rickettsiaceae
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game