Medical Definition of remodeling
of living tissue
: the process of undergoing structural reorganization, alteration, or renewal Left ventricular remodeling is the process by which mechanical, neurohormonal, and possibly genetic factors alter ventricular size, shape, and function.— Mariell Jessup et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 15 May 2003 especially : the continuous process of bone resorption and formation that involves the activity of osteoclasts and osteoblasts Bones stay resilient through a process called remodeling, in which surface cells dissolve bone tissue and create small holes. Protein-secreting cells then fill those cavities with new tissue. — Jennifer Pirtle, Living, October 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game