Medical Definition of pulse-chase
: involving the exposure of cells to a substrate bearing a radioactive label for a predetermined time followed by exposure to a high concentration of unlabeled substrate in order to stop uptake of the labeled substrate and follow its metabolic course a pulse-chase experiment
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game