pre·max·il·lary | \ -ˈmak-sə-ˌler-ē, chiefly British -mak-ˈsil-ə-rē\
Medical Definition of premaxillary
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : situated in front of the maxillary bones
2 : relating to or being the premaxillae
Medical Definition of premaxillary (Entry 2 of 2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game