pre·max·il·lary | \ -ˈmak-sə-ˌler-ē, chiefly British -mak-ˈsil-ə-rē\
Medical Definition of premaxillary
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : situated in front of the maxillary bones
2 : relating to or being the premaxillae
Medical Definition of premaxillary (Entry 2 of 2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?