pre·cap·il·lary | \ -ˈkap-ə-ˌler-ē, British usually -kə-ˈpil-ə-rē\
Medical Definition of precapillary
(Entry 1 of 2)
: being on the arterial side of and immediately adjacent to a capillary
Medical Definition of precapillary (Entry 2 of 2)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game