Medical Definition of posterior triangle
: a triangular region that is a landmark in the neck, has its apex above at the occipital bone, and is bounded in front by the sternocleidomastoid muscle, behind by the anterior margin of the trapezius, and inferiorly by the middle third of the clavicle — compare anterior triangle
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game