Medical Definition of anterior triangle
: a triangular region that is a landmark in the neck, has its apex at the sternum pointing downward, and is bounded in front by the anterior midline of the neck, behind by the anterior margin of the sternocleidomastoid muscle, and above by the inferior margin of the lower jaw — compare posterior triangle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game