Medical Definition of parachordal
(Entry 1 of 2)
: situated at the side of the notochord
Medical Definition of parachordal (Entry 2 of 2)
: either of a pair of cartilaginous rods that develop on each side of the notochord beneath the posterior part of the embryonic brain and participate in formation of the parachordal plate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?