Medical Definition of oral surgery
1 : a branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of oral conditions requiring surgical intervention
2 : a branch of surgery that deals with conditions of the jaws and mouth structures requiring surgery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?