Medical Definition of occipital sinus
: a single or paired venous sinus that arises near the margin of the foramen magnum by the union of several small veins, follows the internal occipital crest along the attached margin of the falx cerebelli, and empties into the confluence of sinuses or sometimes into one of the transverse sinuses
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game