Medical Definition of neuron doctrine
: a theory in anatomy and physiology: the nervous system is composed of nerve cells each of which is a structural unit in contact with other units but not in continuity, a genetic unit derived from a single embryonic neuroblast, a functional unit or unit of conduction with the nervous pathways being chains of such units, and a trophic unit with the nerve processes degenerating when severed from the cell body and being replaced by outgrowths from the cell body
— called also neuron theory
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game