Medical Definition of mucolipidosis
: any of several metabolic disorders that are marked by the accumulation of glycosaminoglycans and lipids in tissues and by lysosomal enzymes which are produced in deficient amounts or which fail to be incorporated into lysosomes, that are inherited as autosomal recessive traits, and that have characteristics (as intellectual disability) resembling Hurler syndrome
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?