Medical Definition of monoclonal gammopathy
: any of various disorders marked by proliferation of a single clone of antibody-producing lymphoid cells resulting in an abnormal increase of a monoclonal antibody in the blood serum and urine and that include both benign or asymptomatic conditions and neoplastic conditions (as multiple myeloma and Waldenström's macroglobulinemia)
— called also plasma cell dyscrasia— see m protein sense 2
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game