Medical Definition of lipophagic
: of, relating to, or characterized by the destruction of adipose tissue with cellular uptake of the breakdown products (as by lipophages) lipophagic disease of the knee joint — Journal of the American Medical Association
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game