Medical Definition of inguinal ligament
: the thickened lower border of the aponeurosis of the external oblique muscle of the abdomen that extends from the anterior superior iliac spine to the pubic tubercle, is continuous with the fascia lata near the thigh, and forms the external pillar of the superficial inguinal ring and a part of the anterior boundary of the femoral ring
— called also Poupart's ligament
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game