Medical Definition of inguinal hernia
: a hernia in which part of the intestine protrudes into the inguinal canal More than 70 percent of all hernias are diagnosed as inguinal hernias.— Vicki T. Hyatt, Yoga Journal, September/October 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?