Medical Definition of infliximab
: an immunosuppressive drug administered by intravenous injection especially to treat the symptoms of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and rheumatoid arthritis
Note: Infliximab is a chimeric monoclonal antibody prepared from humans and mice that acts by binding to and blocking the activity of tumor necrosis factor. It is marketed under the trademark Remicade.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?