inclusion body myositisnoun
Medical Definition of inclusion body myositis
: an inflammatory muscle disease of unknown cause that has an onset during middle or old age and is marked physically by slowly progressive muscle weakness and atrophy typically of the limbs and especially the quadriceps and flexors of the wrist and fingers and histologically by abnormal inclusions (as vacuoles, amyloid deposits, or T cell infiltrates) in muscle fibers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game