inclusion body myositisnoun
Medical Definition of inclusion body myositis
: an inflammatory muscle disease of unknown cause that has an onset during middle or old age and is marked physically by slowly progressive muscle weakness and atrophy typically of the limbs and especially the quadriceps and flexors of the wrist and fingers and histologically by abnormal inclusions (as vacuoles, amyloid deposits, or T cell infiltrates) in muscle fibers
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game