Medical Definition of hypoglycemic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, caused by, or affected with hypoglycemia a hypoglycemic reaction hypoglycemic patients
2 : producing a decrease in the level of sugar in the blood hypoglycemic drugs
variants: or chiefly British hypoglycaemic
Medical Definition of hypoglycemic (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : one affected with hypoglycemia
2 : an agent that lowers the level of sugar in the blood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game