Medical Definition of hypertrophic osteoarthropathy
: a hypertrophic condition that is marked especially by clubbing of the fingers and toes, painful swollen joints, and periostitis and subperiosteal bone formation chiefly affecting the long bones (as the radius or fibula) and that usually occurs secondary to another disease (as bronchiectasis, bronchogenic carcinoma, mesothelioma, or cirrhosis)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?