Medical Definition of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
: cardiomyopathy that is characterized by ventricular hypertrophy especially of the left ventricle which affects the interventricular septum more than the free ventricular wall, that may cause mitral insufficiency or obstructed left ventricle outflow, and that is marked by chest pain, syncope, and palpitations —abbreviation HCM
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game