medical Definition of hyperresponsive
- … it makes the tissue much more sensitive (or hyperresponsive) to the original trigger.
- —Stephen Hoffmann, The Harvard Medical School Health Letter, May 1991
hyperresponsivenessplay \-nəs\ noun
- The presence of airway hyperresponsiveness to exercise suggests lack of control of asthma.
- —Johnathan A. Leff et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 16 July 1998
hyperresponsivityplay \-ri-ˌspän(t)-ˈsiv-ət-ē\ noun plural -ties
- adrenocortical hyperresponsivity
- hyperresponsivities to touch and sound