Medical Definition of fowl tick
: any of several ticks of the genus Argas (as A. persicus) that attack fowl in the warmer parts of the world causing anemia and transmitting various diseases (as spirochetosis)
— called also chicken tick
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game