Medical Definition of far point
: the point farthest from the eye at which an object is accurately focused on the retina when the accommodation is completely relaxed, being theoretically equivalent to infinity or, for practical purposes with respect to the normal eye, equivalent to any distance greater than 20 feet (6.1 meters) — see range of accommodation — compare near point
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game