Medical Definition of facial canal
: a passage in the petrous part of the temporal bone that extends from the internal auditory canal to the stylomastoid foramen and transmits various branches of the facial nerve
— called also aqueduct of Fallopius, fallopian aqueduct, fallopian canal
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game