Medical Definition of facial bone
: any of the bones of the facial region of the skull that do not take part in forming the braincase and that in humans include 14 bones: two nasal bones, two maxillae of the upper jaw, two lacrimal bones, two zygomatic bones, two palatine bones, two nasal conchae, one vomer, and the mandible of the lower jaw
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?