Medical Definition of extraocular
: occurring or situated outside the eyeball also : involving or relating to the extraocular muscles No visual problems or limitation of extraocular movement was evident. — Nancy Lee Harris et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 21 Mar. 2002
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game