Medical Definition of everolimus
: an immunosuppressive drug C53H83NO14 that is a derivative of sirolimus and is administered orally especially to prevent rejection of transplanted organs and to treat some advanced forms of cancer The new drug, called everolimus, was created to tamp down the immune system so the body does not reject a new organ.— Janet McConnaughey, Associated Press, 28 Aug. 2003
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game