Medical Definition of eriodictyon
1a capitalized : a small genus of resinous shrubs (family Hydrophyllaceae) of southwestern North America having finely reticulated leaves often woolly beneath and white or bluish flowers
b : any plant of the genus Eriodictyon
2 : the dried leaves of yerba santa (Eriodictyon californicum) used as a flavoring in medicine especially to disguise the taste of quinine
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game