Medical Definition of end-organ
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to an organ (as the liver or kidney) that is ultimately affected by a chronic or progressive disease or condition diabetic end-organ damage predictions of end-organ function and failure in severe sepsis— G. J. Slotman
Medical Definition of end organ (Entry 2 of 2)
: a structure forming the peripheral terminus of a path of nerve conduction and consisting of an effector or a receptor with its associated nerve terminations
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?