eastern coral snakenoun
Medical Definition of eastern coral snake
: a venomous coral snake (Micrurus fulvius) of the southeastern U.S. having bright bands of black, red, and yellow
Note: The eastern coral snake can be distinguished from similarly colored harmless snakes by the narrow yellow bands occurring in between the wider bands of black and red.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?