variants: also diskogenic
Medical Definition of discogenic
: originating in an intervertebral disk : produced by factors (such as herniation or deterioration) occurring in an intervertebral disk The placement of an artificial intervertebral disk can provide better functional results than spinal fusion in treating select patients with discogenic pain and spine instability …— John L. Zeller, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 13 Dec. 2006
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?