Medical Definition of dipsogenic
: producing thirst dipsogenic diabetes insipidus The frequent drinking by the NFL players may act to inhibit the ingestion of greater volumes of fluid as a result of several mechanisms that terminate the dipsogenic drive.— Sandra Fowkes Kodek et al., The Journal of Athletic Training, March 2010
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game