Medical Definition of diabesity
: obesity associated with diabetes : the state of being very overweight or obese and of having type 2 diabetes or one of the conditions (such as insulin resistance) that precedes it Hectic work schedules, stress, cheap and easy fast food and sedentary lifestyles glued to the television set are some reasons why people fall into the trap of "diabesity." — Meena Murthy, The Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, New Jersey), 15 Nov. 2011
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game