Medical Definition of cytosine arabinoside
: a cytotoxic antineoplastic agent C9H13N3O5 that is a synthetic isomer of the naturally occurring nucleoside of cytosine and arabinose and is used especially in the treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia in adults
— called also Ara-C
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game