cy·a·no·gen·ic | \ ˌsī-ə-nō-ˈjen-ik, sī-ˌan-ō-\
variants: also cyanogenetic \ -jə-ˈnet-ik \
Medical Definition of cyanogenic
: capable of producing cyanide (as hydrogen cyanide) cyanogenic glycosides Cassava is cyanogenic, and varieties are recognized as being either bitter or sweet (i.e., containing high or low amounts of cyanide).— Darna L. Dufour, Bioscience, October 1990
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game