Medical Definition of chorioangioma
: a benign vascular tumor of the chorion Chorioangiomas occur in up to 1 percent of pregnancies, but those associated with nonimmune fetal hydrops are usually more than 5 cm in diameter and should have been visible on prenatal ultrasonograms or in the placenta at delivery.— Linda J. Heffner et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 24 July 1997
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?