Medical Definition of fetal hydrops
: hydrops fetalis The most common microscopic lesion of the placenta that is associated with nonimmune fetal hydrops is a hemorrhagic endovasculitis, which can cause death in utero. — Linda J. Heffner et al. New England Journal of Medicine, 24 July 1997
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game