Medical Definition of choledochotomy
: surgical incision of the common bile duct Patients with clonorchiasis are usually asymptomatic and treatment is limited to complications. Treatment consists of cholecystectomy, choledochotomy, and T-tube drainage.— Walter G. Sullivan and Lawrence J. Koep, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 23 May 1980
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?