Medical Definition of clonorchiasis
: infestation with or disease caused by the Chinese liver fluke (Clonorchis sinensis) that invades bile ducts of the liver after ingestion in uncooked fish and when present in large numbers causes severe systemic reactions including edema, liver enlargement, jaundice, and diarrhea
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?