Medical Definition of chemoradiotherapy
: treatment that combines chemotherapy and radiotherapy Concomitant chemoradiotherapy is an attractive option for the treatment of head and neck cancer. In concomitant chemoradiotherapy, chemotherapy is used primarily to sensitize tumor cells to radiation therapy and increase locoregional control.— Everett E. Vokes, Scientific American Medicine, November 2000
— called also chemoradiation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game