Medical Definition of cephalocaudal
: proceeding or occurring in the long axis of the body especially in the direction from head to tail cephalocaudal development The fat loss occurs during childhood or adolescence, affecting the face, neck, arms, thorax, and upper abdomen in a cephalocaudal fashion.— Abhimanyu Garg, The New England Journal of Medicine, 18 Mar. 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game