Medical Definition of carcinostatic
: capable of inhibiting the growth of malignant tumors Standardized beta-glucan extracts … show particular potential as carcinostatic agents that can be used in conjunction with conventional medical treatments to treat cancer.— Mark Mayell, Alternative Medicine Review, February 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game