Medical Definition of bungarotoxin
: a potent polypeptide neurotoxin that is obtained from krait venom and yields three electrophoretic fractions of which the one designated α is used especially to label acetylcholine receptors at neuromuscular junctions because it binds irreversibly to them and blocks their activity —often used with one of the Greek prefixes α-, β-, or γ- to indicate the electrophoretic fractions
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game